Safety Management Services, Inc., has announced the
completion of a new web site to help employers choose the right safety software
for their employee safety program. SafetyProgramSoftware.com provides recommendations and a list of attributes to look for when comparing
commercial safety software programs.
The home page introduction notes that an effective safety
program in any workplace has three basic criteria for preventing employee
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions.
- Identify and prohibit employee unsafe work methods.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA safety and health regulations.
To achieve success, safety software has become an essential part of
an effective safety program.
The web site pinpoints six core components of a workplace
safety program where safety software can be beneficial:
- Incident Reports: document details and create a database
of searchable details.
- Accident Investigations: identify the cause of accidents
and track corrective actions.
- Safety Inspections: identify safety hazards and track corrective
- Safety Training: document and track required safety
training due and when completed.
- OSHA Compliance: audit OSHA requirements and track
- OSHA injury recordkeeping: OSHA Log and other forms are
completed for you.
A list of software attributes for each component of a safety
program are labeled as “Important Features”. Additional details and
recommendations are provided as well. Each page of this web site gives visitors
practical applications and a user friendly format. Overall, the information is
help oriented and easy to understand.
The content of SafetyProgramSoftware.com was produced by
Thomas L. Zera, a Certified Safety Professional and the President of Safety
Management Services, Inc. Mr. Zera has 25 years of safety management experience
as the former Corporate Safety Manager of Dunlop Tires and Sports Companies,
providing safety consulting services and developing safety software.